Our Product Candidates and Collaborations
Pfenex is a development and licensing biotechnology company focused on leveraging its Pfenex Expression Technology to develop and improve protein therapies. Using our patented platform, Pfenex has developed an advanced pipeline of therapeutic equivalents, biologics, and vaccines.
- PF708 (teriparatide) Pfenex’s first FDA-approved drug, and the first FDA-approved drug developed in the Pfenex Expression Technology platform. PF708 is indicated for treatment of osteoporosis in certain patients at high risk for fracture. Actively under review by FDA as a therapeutic equivalent candidate to Forteo.
- PF743 (JZP-458) Recombinant Erwinia asparaginase developed in collaboration with Jazz Pharmaceuticals for hematological malignancies.
- PF745 (JZP-341) Long-acting Erwinia asparaginase developed in collaboration with Jazz Pharmaceuticals for hematological malignancies.
- CRM197 Non-toxic mutant of diphtheria toxin used as a carrier protein in multiple programs, including prophylactic and therapeutic vaccine candidates under development by Merck and Serum Institute as well as several additional biopharmaceutical companies.
- PF810 Pfenex’s wholly owned recombinant peptide program.
- PF753 Tumor-targeting antigen protein directing activity of Antigen Receptor Complex T cells (ARC-T) developed in collaboration with Arcellx for treatment of cancers.
- PFXX Pfenex’s early R&D program.