Our Product Candidates and Collaborations
We are a clinical-stage development and licensing biotechnology company focused on leveraging our Pfenex Expression Technology® platform to develop and improve protein therapies for unmet patient needs. Through the use of our platform we have created an advanced pipeline of therapeutic equivalents, vaccines, biologics and biosimilars. Our lead product candidates are PF708, a therapeutic equivalent candidate to Forteo® (teriparatide) for the treatment of osteoporosis, and our novel anthrax vaccine candidates, Px563L and RPA563, funded through an advanced development contract with the U.S. government. In addition, we are developing hematology/oncology products in collaboration with Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Furthermore, our pipeline includes biosimilar candidates to Lucentis® and Neulasta®.
Pfenex Wholly Owned
PF708 – teriparatide
- PF708 is a therapeutic equivalent product candidate to Forteo®, and is being developed pursuant to the 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway in the United States.
- Forteo is marketed for the treatment of osteoporosis patients at a high risk of fracture and achieved $1.7 billion in global sales in 2017.
PF582 – ranibizumab
- PF582 is a biosimilar candidate to Lucentis® (ranibizumab) and is being developed as a biosimilar pursuant to the 351(k) regulatory pathway in the United States.
- Lucentis, a product marketed by F. Hoffmann-La Roche and Novartis AG for the treatment of retinal diseases achieved approximately $3.3 billion in 2017 global sales.
PF529 – pegfilgrastim
- PF529, is a biosimilar candidate to Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim) and is being developed as a biosimilar pursuant to the 351(k) regulatory pathway in the United States.
- Neulasta, a product marketed by Amgen for the treatment of chemotherapy induced neutropenia achieved global sales of $4.5 billion in 2017 global sales.
PF690 – pegaspargase
- PF690 is a biosimilar product candidate to Oncaspar®. Jazz Pharmaceuticals currently has an option to negotiate a license to PF690.
- Oncaspar is marketed by Shire for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Px563L/RPA563 – novel anthrax vaccines
- Px563L and RPA563 are novel anthrax vaccine candidates that are being developed in response to the United States government’s unmet demand for increased quantity, stability and dose sparing regimens of anthrax vaccine.
- The development of Px563L and RPA563 is currently fully funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, via a $143.5 million advanced development contract.
PF743 – Recombinant crisantaspase
- PF743 is a recombinant crisantaspase being produced using the Pfenex Expression Technology under our agreement with Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
PF745 – Recombinant crisantaspase + Half Life Extension
- PF745 is a recombinant crisantaspase with a half-life extension technology being produced using the Pfenex Expression Technology under our agreement with Jazz Pharmaceuticals